December 02, 2014

Quilt Along update, more blocks and a winner!

I'm so happy to share that I'm almost done with my Night Sky Quilt  top verson 1! I need to make more two of those small blocks and sew the rows.

So, today I decided to show only this big block and the small one hoping that this Friday I'll share my completed quilt top. I just have to figure out how I'm gonna take good pics since it is raining and it seems it's not gonna stop until Saturday (love raining anyway ;-D).


Last week we had some Night Sky WIP linked up on this post. It's always fun to see fabric choices for this quilt pattern. We also had some awesome tips on how to make flying geese from Alyssa (Pile O'Fabric), Jane and Hildy


I was just thinking on extending our quilt along to January hoping that more of you will have enough time to join in and share your WIPs and finished quilts. I also have more prizes to giveaway from my sponsors and it's more exciting when we have a good number of participants linking up their projects. 
BTW, the winner for the last week linking up projects is Sinta from Pink Pincushion

True Random Number Generator
  3
Powered by RANDOM.ORG 

So, grab your pattern, fabric and favorite scissors and just start cutting! More info this Friday!

Find Night Sky pattern here:

                            



and some awesome Aurifil threads, also available in all of these online shops!



8 comments:

Ruth said...

Congratulations Sinta. I could do with an extension and I'm doing a baby quilt version! Getting there slowly...

Kaja said...

Nice blocks - I like your colour combination. Will check back on Friday to see the finished top, hopefully.

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Looking forward to seeing your pieced top on Friday, and yay for rain! We've finally gotten a bit up here in Central California - we need it so badly!

Jayne said...

I love the block design! So very pretty!

Hildy said...

Congrats Sinta! I love your big block it's great. I need to work on my Night Sky pattern, too, though extending the quilt-along sounds good.

Lisa said...

I found your block from WIP Wednesdays. I will bookmark it and follow the Quilt Along and hopefully participate. I have just been getting back into quilting since I am only working part-time while I care for my 90 yr old mother.

Snow said...

I could do with an extension, too. I'm LOVING the pattern, but real life has sadly gotten in the way of all the sewing I want to do! :-)

Jana Machado said...

Thank you Ruth, Kaja, Yvonne, Jayne and Hildy for stopping by and leaving your thoughts! I get so happy when I get your comments!

Dear Lisa and Snow, I'd love to have you making this quilt with me! I completely understand and I also have to deal with many things that life brings every day, and we just need to put our quiting hobby/obsessions/fun aside. But, please join us!!!