November 19, 2014

WIP - navy blocks for Night Sky quilt

Just a few pics of some navy blocks. I'm very excited about these blocks because the dark background. It's the first time I work with a dark solid background for my blocks (if I remember well...). I recently worked with a printed and dark fabric for one of the blocks  of my Night Sky quilt and I was pleased with the result. Hard to say it is the first time, but I always worked with novelties and cute prints for my bags so I've always kept the solid darks for lining  the bags. It's also funny how quilting give me so much freedom to work with different prints and colors.


This is a beautiful navy from Miss Kate collection by Bonnie&Camille.


Don't miss a blog hop this Friday (links will be here on my blog) to other participants blogs in the Night Sky Quilt Along. A link up party will also be opened so you can link up to your WIP. As I've said before it can be one or more blocks from your WIP Night Sky quilt. Don't miss out the chance to win some wonderful prizes!

Thank you so much for stopping by!
This post was linked up to Freshly Pieced!

2 comments:

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

I am a huge fan of dark colored backgrounds, and this navy is stunning!

Hildy said...

Love the navy background you've used!