November 06, 2014

Miss Kate Pincushion and Night Sky blocks

Today I've quite a few pics to share so I'll let them speak for themselves. I'm very happy with my work so far. Some days I sew more than others (like today I didn't sew at all) so I've managed to keep my goal that's having at least one row for my Night Sky quilt done per week. As I'm making two versions (cra-zy!) I need to have two rows each week for seven weeks until I finish the tops!

Learn more about Night Sky quilt along here and let's sew!

I loved what Jackie said in one of her comments that's "fun to be busy"! I agree! I sew much more when I commit to than when I just let things go. That's why I LOVE quilting along.


After some cutting I got tiny rectangles from some fabrics of Miss Kate collection (I had a layer cake and had to buy some fat quarters). I quickly made this pincushion. I happened to like this pic a lot too...



Eight blocks done, one completed row for my Night Sky quilt with Miss Kate! 


Bellow, more two blocks for the second row of my second quilt (I need to name this quilt, haha). The other two blocks for this row you can check clicking in here. I'm making this quilt mixing up three different fat quarter bundles!



I hope you're having some progress as well! Please share pics even if you don't have a blog. You can send the pics to my email. I got some pics from Hildy that I'm gonna share next week! There are some popping on Instagram too. Look for #nightskyqal

Have a very nice weekend!

6 comments:

Hildy said...

Love your blocks! I agree, I also get much more done when I'm busy. Perhaps that's a quilter's thing;-)

Kris said...

I agree about being busy. I have been feeling under the weather for quite a while now and only got a finish because of a deadline. I get motivated if time is short I guess. Great blocks.

Heidi Staples said...

Your blocks are beautiful, and I adore that little pincushion!

SuperMomNoCape said...

What a sweet little pincushion! And all your star blocks are lovely.

Shirley said...

Both versions of your quilt are so pretty and that pincushion is adorable!

Denise Russell said...

Gorgeous blocks! Great choice of fabrics... By the way, I need a pincushion and yours would be the perfect one. Just saying... :-)