October 28, 2014

WIP - Night Sky Quilt Along - blocks

I'm so glad the blocks for my Night Sky quilt are going so fast! I don't like to cut all pieces for the whole quilt at once. Cutting everything just seems to take a big part of the fun away, so I'd rather cut enough for one or two blocks them I go and sew them (update: never mind! Now I'm like a mad woman cutting as much as I can and sewing. I was putting too much thought and taking a lot of time deciding which print for each block, but not anymore). Oh well, I know each one have its own way to quilt and sew ;-)


I've mixed two collections to make this quilt (read more in my earlier post). I think the fabrics are working very well together. The bundle with more charcoal prints did scare me a bit. I love the whole bundle, but I wasn't sure when I'd make something with the dark prints. So far, I like the romantic and dramatic feel the prints from Sunshine Rose  and Au Revoir Cherie bring to the blocks.


If you're just reading this post, please learn more about the Night Sky quilt along that just started this week. Every week I'm gonna share my progress on making this quilt. Today I've just a sneak peek, but this Friday I'll be sharing all of my blocks for the first row of this quilt. One row per week! There is also a giveaway running right now, don't miss the chance to win one copy of the Night Sky pattern!

I also wanna suggest the bundle that Alyssa owner of Pile O'Fabric has put together to make Night Sky quilt. It's a very pretty bundle you just need to check it out! I personally told her I'd rather make this quilt with her KIT, but at the time I got to know I had already made my choices and ordered my fabrics.

All of my sponsors are packed with inexhaustible fabric collections to make this quilt. Browse their websites:
Fat Quarter Shop
Fort Worth Fabric Studio

or as I always say, just go to your stash!

Thanks for stopping by today!

I've linked this post at Freshly Pieced by Lee also at My Quilt Infatuation by Kelly.

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I really like the charcoals - that second block is really nice and not colours I've made with before!

Jana Machado said...

Thanks Ruth! These prints and colors are totally not in my comfort zone! I can't wait to see the whole thing put together!

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

The charcoals are blending in so well, I think your blocks are looking great!

Shirley said...

They are really turning out great and I think the darker colors add so much. Looks very pretty Jana!

Kaja said...

Your colour choices are quite unusual but very effective - can't wait to see how this progresses.

Preeti said...

I love the contemporary/romantic look these blocks have! Looking forward to seeing how the whole quilt ties together.