October 14, 2014

Quilty Fun Birthday!

Today Lori Holt is celebrating one year of the release of her first book Quilty Fun! Some friends were invited to make the cake block that Lori has created specially for this celebration. So, come and join us, you're very welcome to the party!


I was very very happy with this invitation. I can say that from the bottom of my heart just because I truly admire Lori since day one I found her blog. It was about one and a half  year ago to be exact. At that time I also found that Lori would be teaching in Riley Blake Fabric Festival in Vegas five months later. It was also very close to the launch of Quilty Fun in 2013. I signed up for the festival and the class. I was so anxious to meet Lori and have my first class with her. 

She might remember the first time I saw her on her booth with my big camera, took some pictures (don't remember if I asked permission, hahaha) and I shout: "Love you Lori"! Sorry for scaring you that day Lori! hahaha

After that we took a few more pics and chat a little bit during the class and in the last day of the event. She was so sweet and kind checking on me how I was feeling (I was three months pregnant and feeling so terrible, had all the classes with fever, oh boy).


For my block I first chose Vintage print by Jeni Baker for the background. I'm still not sure if I love it, but, I tried so many backgrounds and always came back to this one. It remembers me confetti! And for the cake I was planning to use all the fabrics from the same collection, but as I'm scrap lover I had to choose fabrics from different collections, some of the prints you can see more on this post.

Lori is also giving YOU a free pattern of her cake block! Just click here!


So, Lori, to you that call everyone "cute people" but indeed is the cutest quilter I've ever met I wish all the success, all the blessings from our Father. Because you're humble and kind you've conquered admiration from so many quilters like me. Love you as a person. Love your hard work translated into cute patterns, great books and inspiring fabric collections.



My favorite projects from the book Quilty Fun by Lori Holt:

 



                                     Wanna give yourself this awesome book? Buy it here!



The party also keep on going on some other awesome blogs (check the list on Jolly Jaber blog by Fat Quarter Shop the Quilty Fun publisher)! And thank you so much for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Lori Holt said...

Hi Jana…
Your kind words leave me speechless:)…which is kind of a miracle…haha
I loved meeting you last year and you didn't scare me at all!
Your version of the Quilty Fun cake is adorable…
thanks for celebrating with me!
xx
Lori

Hildy said...

Love the background you choose and the scrappiness of your block!

Sinta Renee said...

Your cake is so sweet Jana! Just adorable!! You are a good baker:) ha!

Preeti said...

Your cake block is just lovely! I think Lori is such an amazing, talented woman! I love her work and her fabric :)

greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

I love your birthday cake! And thanks for sharing the story about how you met Lori!

Sarah said...

The tulips and the mugs are my favourites from Quilty fun too! Lori sure does design cute stuff.