October 31, 2014

Night Sky QAL - winner and first row finished!

Today I'm gonna share the first eight blocks for my Night Sky quilt. If you wanna know more about the Quilt Along that is just starting this week please read this post. The goal is to finish one row per week during seven weeks then we'll have our completed top early in December. I'm making this more random version using three bundles plus some other scraps. My second version (wait to see some blocks next week) will be made with Miss Kate fabric collection. It's really crazy but, I couldn't resist making two versions with this pattern :-)


This is the first time I'm using some dark colors in a quilt. I was for years always very comfortable using black and darks on my bags. I think it's really working in this quilt so far. I plan to use more aqua in future blocks to get more balance. I also think that I'm gonna avoid more of this yellowish green. It works for inside the blocks but not really well as a background for the stars. I do appreciate your opinions too!

Don't forget, on Instagram use #nightskyqal Also share your pics on Flickr group.

Next week I'm gonna share our prizes for the Quilt Along! Our sponsors have really good stuff to giveaway. All you need to do is enter your WIP! It doesn't matter if it's just a block or more, I do count on you!! Entries will be open in a couple of weeks.

Now, I've a winner for the Night Sky pattern that will be send by Fat Quarter Shop!!!

Jackie Thompson who said (about how she chooses fabrics for her quilts): "I like to use fabrics coordinated by a more masterful eye, but I am comfortable straying from the placement and exact color scheme of the pattern".

Please Jackie, contact me as soon as you can! You're a not reply comment blogger and didn't leave your email either. I do appreciate your participation and I'm hoping you get back to me! I only could sent to you a message on Google plus.

True Random Number Generator  24Powered by RANDOM.ORG
Please visit my sponsors to get your pattern, also some fabrics and threads if you need! 

             




4 comments:

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations to Jackie; I hope she reads this post and gets in touch with you. Your blocks look great, and dark colors in a quilt can be gorgeous. I think you are going to have a stunning quilt when you are done!

Jackie Thompson said...

I am so excited! I had no idea I was a no-reply blogger! Must fix that! Thank you so much, and hopefully it's not too late! I will send you an email as soon as I find your address! Thank you!!!

Jackie Thompson said...

I can't seem to find an email address, so I'll leave mine here and also reply I the Google plus message you sent. Oh, technology! :)

jackiethompson323 at gmail.com

Jana Machado said...

Hi Yvonne! As you can see Jackie just left her email! I'm glad! Thank you for your comment, it really means a lot to me. I'm so excited with this pattern and my blocks so far!