September 02, 2014

Color My Heart - Free pattern by Fat Quarter Shop

Hi friends! I hope you all had an amazing holiday! We enjoyed this weekend having over some friends and letting the kids play as much as they could. It was fun!

Well, I have really good stuff to share today. We're celebrating the National Sewing and Quilting Month. The super Fat Quarter Shop team came up with a couple of sweet ideas! First, they chose some bloggers to celebrate this month making sewing and quilting projects we haven't done before. So, next week I'm gonna show you what I've planned in the past couple of weeks... 

I've got this heart from FQS team. I'm so honored! It says why I love quilting...

I'm gonna talk more about that later.  Don't miss all the bloggers special posts for this month, their projects and stories. See the full list here or at the end of this post.



Second, because we wanna spread love everywhere this month, FQS team have created this easy yet so adorable pattern. Free, free and free! (click here or on the image below to get the pdf) Then, share, share and share!

When I saw the pattern for the first time last week I couldn't stop thinking I wanted to make the heart with the same charm pack, the New Bright Kona Cotton Solids. Because I didn't have the fabric in my hands and it'd take a few days to get the fabric I had an idea... huuummm... hang in there and I'm gonna show you my heart  this week (or hearts, who knows?) ! One is almost done, just saying ;-)

If you wanna join the chain of love during September, grab your favorite charm pack and make in no time your Color my heart block/quilt. It's a big size 27 1/2" x 27 1/2". You could finish it as a mini quilt, a pillow, a doll quilt, a play mat, you could hang or frame it... can you feel my excitement? Can't wait to show you my hearts!

So, please, enjoy!
Love XOXOXOXO


Sherri of A Quilting Life



Charise of Charise Creates

Lucy of Charm About You



Rachel of Family Ever After

Anne Marie of Generation X Quilters

Marni of Haberdashery Fun

Melissa of Happy Quilting


Elizabeth of In the Boon Docks

Jana of Jana Machado

Lynne of Lily's Quilts

Maureen of Made by Marzipan

Barb and Mary of Me and My Sister Designs

Melanie of I Heart Stitching

Kaye of Miss Print


Natalia of Piece N' Quilt

Denise of Pieced Brain

Stephanie of Quarter Incher

Jane of Quilt Jane

Heather and Megan of Quilt Story

Cheryl of Quilter Chic

Michele of Quilting Gallery

Allison of Quilting Mumma


Leslie of Seasoned Homemaker


Liz of Sew4Home


Sara of Sew Sweetness

Leanne of She Can Quilt

Vickie of Spun Sugar Quilts


Tonya of The Crafty Mummy



Erin of Why Not Sew?

2 comments:

Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl said...

Thank you for the link to the free pattern - I think it will be really fun to make!

Jana Machado said...

Hi Yvonne! I'm glad you like it! Yes, it is fun, I can tell! I'm making two! Hope see yours!!!