August 27, 2014

More with Hexagons - WIP and Swap!

I started making my first hexagons last Spring before my little boy was born. I made a bunch of them with some pretty fabrics and I did aplique them on some kitchen towels. You may wanna check some links I shared with free hexagons templates in my popular post: English Paper Piecing - Hexagons and a Kitchen Towel.

These other bunch down here were made using one single mini charm pack of Scrumptious collection by Bonnie & Camille.


I must admit that when I started making these hexagons I didn't have any plan in mind. But, I think I've found a nice purpose for them! I just joined the newest swap in the block: Stitch It Swap! During the first round we are gonna swap sweet zippy pouches. It has been organized by Jennifer from Ellison Lane and Lindsey from LRstitched. Check more about the swap here!



I already got to know who will be my partner and I think these hexagons could make a nice pouch for her. Don't you think?



Stay tuned! It'll be nice that I'm gonna sew something that I haven't lately. As you may know I used to sew a lot of bags before I started quilting and I think it is time to come back to the roots a little bit! If you wanna check some bags I've made in the past click here and even more on Flickr.
Thank you for swinging by!


11 comments:

Stacey said...

Cute hexies! Great idea to use a mini charm pack, too!

Carla said...

Your hexagons are just gorgeous!! They would make a lovely 'anything' : )
I just finished a little hexie project

Lara B. said...

Hi Jana!
They would make a great zippered pouch and your partner would be delighted! They are very pretty!

Leah said...

Love the colors! I have found EPP to be so addicting, I'm making a whole quilt.

Marsha Cooper said...

I think I've gone hexagon crazy and it's a forever project.
I'm making a lot of flowers. I do plan to make at least one table runner with them, but I am heading to check out your towel idea.
That might be just what I need to go with the hot pads for all of the adult females on my Christmas list this year!

Stephie said...

So sweet, I'd be over the moon if I received a pouch made from these :)

Diana @ Red Delicious Life said...

Very cute hexies. I've recently made some but I'm not really a fan of hand sewing them together. I'd rather sew them down. I like the idea of doing that on a kitchen towel so thanks for the idea.

Becca said...

Hexies have become my favorite take-along project. I decided to make a quilt using six charm packs in the same line. Please don't ask why I have six of the same charm packs. I'm about 1/3 through the basting and have made that third into rosettes. Plenty more to go. I love your fabric choice.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The fabric is perfect for these small hexies. Such a beautiful mix to work with.

Marianne Jeffrey said...

I love hexies and your fabrics are soooo pretty!

Renee said...

Those are just darling! Those fabric make for great hexies!