May 17, 2014

Log Cabin block - Wishes Quilt Along


As you can imagine life is crazy with a newborn around... but, it's a very joyful time too. I've been able to spend a lot of time with my baby since I've my parents helping me. Just a blessing!

So, why complicate things? All I could make this week was this very straight forward log cabin block from Wishes Quilt Along. I'm sure I didn't spend an hour on this even with my three years old daughter messing my fabrics (read playing) and my newborn sleeping (ok, sometimes crying too) next to us. 

Below, you can see all of my blocks so far. I like to pull them out and look at them every time I'm making a new one. It's a big motivation to keep the quilt alon up!







I've linked this post in WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and Finish up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.




2 comments:

sewfrench.com said...

This is going to be such a happy quilt! You will have so many happy memories wrapped up in it!

Kim said...

Your blocks are so pretty! It's going to be a wonderful quilt. I hope I can get some sewing time in to catch up on last month's block. Congrats on your new baby :-)