February 10, 2014

Block 2 - Sugar Block of the Month 2014

I've pieced one more block from 2014 Sugar BOM Club hosted by Amy Gibson (see my first block here and get more info about the Club). It's a very nice block made by units all constructed in the same way. As I already told Amy's instructions and pictures are clear and everything looks so easy to make. As a bad student I didn't wanna mark the center of the squares and triangles before sewing (in order to get the diamonds-in-square units). As a result I didn't get matching points when I sewed the rows. I did sew many times until I was satisfied with the points matching, but actually if I had started it right would've made things easier!!! However I'm very happy with my fabric selection ;-)


So, it's just a quick tip if you're going to make your block. And...have fun! (more blocks from other members of the club here).


2 comments:

Lori Holt said...

Hi Jana! I saw you pinning on Pinterest and wondered how you are doing?
This is a very sweet block:)
Hope all is well with you and your growing family:)
xx
Lori

Jana Machado said...

Hi dear Lori! Thank you! I'm trilled you took a time for stopping by! I sent an email to you because it was a bit long to post it here haha I'm having fun making blocks and small projects lately since I'm 32 weeks pregnant and feeling quite heavy ! Hugs from my family!