February 06, 2014

A Lovely Year of finishes - Dwell quilt

I've set some goals for 2014. I didn't talk much about it here, but I've a fellow journal where I'm taking notes what I should be doing to get things done week by week. It includes setting up the nursery for my  new baby (just have two months!), some ideas old and new about my blog (never give up of blogging also in Portuguese as I used to), re-making my bag patterns (I've made dozens of them, produced while I had a business in Brazil), and so on and on...

But, small steps have shown up more results than jumping for the big ones and not finishing them. For example: I don't wanna have a closet full of tops crying to be quilted.

This is one of my tops that need to be finished, Dwell - pattern from the book Simply Retro by Camille Roskelley. I made this top during the quilt along I hosted). As part of the motivation to go ahead and give this top life as a quilt I joined "A loved year of finishes" hosted by Shanna from Fiber of all sorts. Every first week of each month you should set up a goal, a project that need to be finished. Then, in the last week of the same month you link again your finished project. There are a lot of prizes for participants, but, honestly, at this time my prize is going to come with the joy of finishing my project. That's it :)


My goal is to quilt and bind this top before the end of February! Crossing fingers with me? ;)





Do you have something in your list that need to be finished? What are you going to do in order to get this done in the next weeks/months? I'd love to know!

4 comments:

riddleandwhimsy said...

Your Dwell is cute! Love the fussy cut girl :) Good luck on your goal!

Jana Machado said...

Thank you!! I'm also glad I added this scrap in my block!

annieb said...

I love the quilt you are hoping to finish. It is full of joy. I am finishing up one from a different QAL and was going to put little boats in one of the squares, much like you did with the little girl. I love doing something unexptected like that.
Thinking of joining the Sugar Block Club too, but between quilting, blogging and my part-time job, I'm not sure I have any extra time. I interviewed Amy this month on my blog, and she was a great interviewee. I am a fan of hers as well. It is on www.hudsonvalleyquilts.com She talks about the Sugar Block Club.
All The Best,
Anne

Kim said...

Your quilt is beautiful. One of these days, I will make a house quilt :-)