January 09, 2014

Let's do it! ( Last project from Simply Retro quilt along)

What is worse than the feeling you did not finish something you've started? We all know how easy is get the excitement to start something... for us quilters and sewists there is nothing more fun than going for a new project specially if some brand new fabrics are involved... get it done is another story...

Well, after the storm from last year I'm ready to finish the Simply Retro quilt along. I had so much fun with all of you and your cheerful projects every week last year between June to October.  We had wonderful sponsors and prizes and I know many of you got super excited making quilts with fabrics from your stash and better than that learning and creating through Camille's book/projects.

I've started Fresh project (check the last project from the book Simply Retro by Camille Roskelley). I'm planning having it done as a baby quilt as soon as I can because I'm gonna give it to a little girl on her upcoming birthday. I'm using two charm packs (Honeysweet by Fig Tree).

(see the center totally off in this block?! don't worry I fixed that! I just realized this mistake after posting the pictures).


What about having a giveaway on January 29th, so all of you will have enough time to participate?! Open to blocks, pillows, hanging quilts, quilt top or finished quilts. Each block from this project measure 24", I mean it's huge and you'll make them in no time! I still have this box with six spools of Aurifil cotton threads (stunning colors) to giveaway!


I know many of you are participating on brand new quilt along from this year, but if you are like myself and need to feel successful on this one come along with me!


Go ahead and link your project using the Inlinkz tool bellow. I can't wait to see it!



3 comments:

Chocolate Dipped Quilts said...

Oh, it looks so good. That's a really pretty fabric line. I can't wait to see it all finished up. I have only done a few blocks but I posted on it about a month ago, so I linked it up anyways. Thanks for hosting this fun quilt along, it has been great!

Kim said...

Your block looks so pretty! So glad I was able to join in the fun.

Kim said...

OOPS! I made a mistake in the block. I fixed it :-)