January 27, 2014

Flying Kite Block 1 - Wishes Quilt along

I decided to participate in two Quilt along so far (yes, so far) and as you may know we're finishing Simply Retro Quilt along this week (sweet!) hosted by me.

The first one I'm in this year is Wishes Quilt along hosted by Jolly Jabber (Fat Quarter Shop). The quilt along will benefit the Make-a-Wish Foundation. You can learn more here also you can make a donation. Kimberly just makes everything easier to follow. Very nice videos and an impeccable pdf of all the blocks (downloadable every first day of each month trough 2014). 

So, it's all about a wonderful cause and that's why this caught my attention. I definitely want to make this quilt with a intention of donating it (don't know yet who will be receiving my quilt, but I'll let God guide me into the right direction to do so :-).



I went to my stash and started with the farm print with blue background first. Then, I chose the prints to coordinate with it. Not that easy though, I really started the process some days ago (sure I had to stop many times).
The grays are definitely not grays in this block! They are greens! I'm gonna try new pictures to catch those colors right!


These are leftovers from this block, many triangles... am I making more blocks? Another quilt with the leftovers? I'm sure I'm not throwing any of these away!


I hope you get excited and join in too! I'm pleased with this block, very fun to make!
In the next post I'm gonna talk about the second quilt along I'm in this year! Stick with me!

2 comments:

Ulla's Quilt World said...

So lovely! :)
Greetings from Finland!
Hugs, Ulla

Jana Machado said...

Hi Ulla! Thank you! It's a pleasure having you here! Thanks for stopping by!