September 04, 2013

Adorn and a winner!

Are you still there? Oh, thank you! Because I know, I wasn't too nice holding the winner's name for this week! Oh, folks, there is a lot going on lately. All of them are good things though ;-) I'm gonna take a time very soon to tell you about it all. Just to not make anyone too curious, one thing is that I'm going to Riley Blake Designs Fabric Fest 2013. It'll be in LasVegas next week! I hope I'm gonna post about that before I leave for this retreat!

Let's focus then... here it's my Adorn pillow. As you may notice all the scraps I used for this project came from some of the previous quilts I've made and most of them came from my latest quilt, Dwell. I did it intentionally because I wanted to match this pillow with Dwell quilt. The set will be given as a gift.


I decided not to quilt the whole panel, so I just quilted the edges of the star with a straight line.


To make this pillow 24x24' as I intended I added a large border on the top and bottom and a skinnier on the sides.


Check more projects made with Adorn pattern from the book Simply Retro by Camille Roskelley, here.
So now, the winner is...


Mom C you're the winner!!! She made a Adorn Christmas Star! Actually I've to say, this girl rocks! I just saw a huge Star quilt top on her Flickr album and she also makes fabulous hats! You're so talented! Congratulations and thank you for quilting along!

LOVE you all quilters! It has been a pleasure having you during the Simply Retro quilt along. It really makes my quilt life the funnest ever!
Keep going with Sweet Life project! See ya!

4 comments:

Karina said...

Que fofo amiga, adorei!

Jana Machado said...

Thank you Karina!

Abby said...

What a great pillow!

Mom C said...

I wish I were going to LV with you as I'm so close it makes me sick not to be there. But time constraints being what they are, this month is crazy. I'm excited to win and thank you. I have always wanted to make a star like that but never had. It was so much fun, its part of my go to patterns now.
bc (underscore) hats (at) hotmail (dot) com