August 15, 2013

Playground blocks

Hello! Hope you all are having a great week so far! Here are some of my blocks for the next quilt called Playground for our quilting along. I hope you are working on your project too! Looking for the Week 6 to add your link? Just go here!

So, I'm working with Flirt by Sandy Gervais for Moda. Again, I decided to use only one charm pack for this baby quilt. ...grabbed some solids and polka dots and I thought it was all I needed to get started!


It's so interesting how sometimes I have no idea how my blocks are going to look like when I choose the fabrics to make them. As my daughter usually says: ta-dah! Something nice comes out from what was only an idea!


I sorted some of the fabrics out from those you see in the picture. So, I'm not going to use all the reds and polka dots. But, I kept the grays and blues for the blocks.



This afternoon I also had to say good bye to some of the quilts I have made during the Simply Retro quilt along! They are going to warm a baby girl that just was born and a cute boy and toddler that turned two. As you can see, baby quilts hasn't being enough lately... let's make some more!


2 comments:

Kim said...

Your blocks are very pretty. I especially love the grey chevron and red hearts combo. Those children will cherish those quilts for a long time. My own children still have their baby quilts I made for them.

Jana Machado said...

Hi Kim!
I'm glad you did like my blocks! I just shared pictures of my finished quilt!
Sure, quilts are wonderful gifts for kids...
Please, stop by anytime ;-)
Have a wonderful week!