August 23, 2013

Dwell quilt top

Hi everyone! Well, I didn't want start this post explaining why I didn't quilt my top yet... 
But here it's a confession: I'm a  bit scared!  Did you see the gorgeous quilting Angela Walters did on Camille's quilt top in the book Simply Retro? The quilt has lot of swirls on the white area and she used different styles on the houses and even for each part of the houses.

So, it'll certainly take my weekend to quilt this top :-/ Ok, I'm gonna have some fun too ;-)

,

I'm very happy with the colors and fabrics in this quilt. Most of the fabrics are from previous quilts and some of them I had just enough for some parts of the houses. Playing with I have is always fun ;-)


You've until next Monday to add a link to your finished quilt top, completed quilt or any other project you decided to make using Dwell pattern from the book Simply Retro. I saw some cute pillows on Flickr group made by only one block and it's just the right size and perfect as a gift.


I also added the link for my Dwell top on Crazy Mom quilts, Amanda's blog. Every Friday she has a post called Finish it up Friday. It has been an extra motivation to me, so I'll have something to show with some other hundreds of fellow bloggers! Try it too!

6 comments:

Sinta Renee said...

I love seeing the quilts from SR and especially the Dwell quilt... one that I really really want to make now also! Your Flickr page is so fun to puruse! Everyone is doing an amazing job on their quilts!!!

Jana Machado said...

Thank you for your support and enthusiasm Sinta! I'm always happy to read your comments! Enjoy the quilt along as much as you can!

Angela Walters said...

What a darling quilt that I am sure you will be able to bring much character to through your quilting!! Good Luck and Have Fun!!!

Jana Machado said...

Angela! What a honor having you stopping by my blog! I admire you so much :)
Thank you for your words of encouragement! I've tried quilting myself all of my quilts because I think this is the way to get better doing that! I just need to be more confident trying new things though.
Keep doing the better job on the quilting world. I love seeing your work in many quilting books!

Sarah said...

I love your little girl with the umbrella in the doorway. Very cute. The colours in your top are gorgeous.

Jana Machado said...

Thank you so much Sarah! I really couldn't pass this girl and I was sure I wanted her in the doorway!