August 12, 2013

Dapper quilt and a winner

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Mine was quite busy, and actually I couldn't finish my quilt earlier. But, I'm glad today I'm gonna share not only my finished quilt but, also the winner of the Week 5 of our quilt along!


If you read the earlier post you know I had problems to quilt with straight lines. Sounds like a joke right? But, it's true! I couldn't stop getting wrinkles on the back.  I used the walking foot and followed many tips to get it right. Oh well, maybe next time.



I quilted with stipples all over even on the borders. I enjoy doing this style a lot. Just feel that this quilting style made my quilt look heavy. Don't you agree? Overall, I love the colors they all are "talking" so well. I'm so pleased with the chevron on the back, the color is so pleasing to look at, a very soft aqua. For the binding I used a turquoise that actually isn't on the blocks, but matched perfectly with other colors on the blocks.





And the winner is...



I'm happy to announce that Hildy (hildv) is the winner of the Simply Retro Quilt Along Week 5! Her quilt turned out great as she worked with double pinwhell in the block. The quilt also has blues and greens and it's just adorable! Please Hildy, email me! Congrats! 
If you wanna see other participants projects, please click here.

No comments: