August 16, 2013

Bibs (quilt-as-you-go technique)

These bibs are some of the projects I had to finish (even being soooo busy lately) just to not call them "UFOS" anymore ;-) Actually I just needed to place the closing buttons in one of them (for so little we put things aside...). The pattern came out of one bib I had (from Macy's) but, I had to make some modifications on the way.

As you can see I used quilt-as-you go technique. It's just a relaxing and fun technique in my opinion. It's also interesting how this technique is getting so popular lately. It seems that we can always expect something beautiful will come out of little pieces of scraps quilted with straight lines in opposite directions.


It definitively takes a lot of time and patience to place the binding on those curves...  so, it's not my favorite option, but it does look cute.


Have you tried quilt-as-you-go technique before? You should! 



And don't miss out the final hours of the  Readers appreciation giveaway! Try a chance to win a Quiltermaker's Magazine 100 Blocks plus four mini charm packs! 



6 comments:

a maidenhair fern said...

love those bibs. Will have to make some for my grandkids. How do you quilt as you go? do you have a picture with it unbuttoned so I can try to make a pattern?

Sinta Renee said...

Those are so cute. Great idea.

patmmm said...

Every time I skim down the list of posts your name stops my eye. It's because my maidenname was Machado. My name came from the Azores in about1904. We''ve always been in Calif. Your creations are always so cute. Thank you for sharing.

Jana Machado said...

Thank you so much for stopping by " a maidenhair fern"!
You know, I'm making a tutorial for these bibs! My plan was publishing the pictures with the pattern and instructions,
but I couldn't finish it yet!!!!!
I'm gonna scan my pattern asap and it'll be my pleasure sharing it with you.

Thank you a lot! Keep in touch!

Jana Machado said...

Thank you Sinta! I want to make more of those!

Jana Machado said...

Hi Patmmm, thanks for sharing about your name! Yes, Machado is a Portuguese name.It so nice to know the origins of our name, doesn't it?!
Thanks for the info and for stopping by! Please, come back anytime!