July 01, 2013

Simply Retro Quilt Along - Week 2

Hi everyone! We're in Week 2 of our quilt along! As always, you can check more about Week 1 and learn more about this quilt along project here and here. Remember, you are welcome to join us anytime!

I'm gonna give some updates in this post. I did it in Week 1 post, but I'm not sure whether everyone could check it or not. Earlier I told that every week we would be starting a new project from the book Simply Retro. Well, many of us have other projects going on. So, after exchanging some ideas and emails I decided the giveaways will happen every other week. Now, we have two weeks to participate with a different project. All you have to do is to add a link to your project like we're doing for the Week 1 (Swell pattern). It could be your work in progress, but at least one or more finished blocks. It doesn't need to be a quilt and it can be a pillow, a placemat, a bag or any other item using the pattern from the book. I don't wanna rush anyone. Work in your time, make things you really wanna make, just have fun!

I've a special THANK YOU to some quilters and I hope I can call them as my new quilt along friends :-) I can see their effort to post about the quilt along making sure to link to my blog, showing pictures of all the process of their work, sending emails and participating in the Flickr group

Thank You Sinta from Pinkpincushion, Laurie and Logan from Chocolate Dipped Quilts, Jodi Nelson from Pleasant Home (she is also a sponsor! You can't believe what she has prepared to giveaway during this quilt along!). 

I know there are more people to thank you! I'll make a special post every week to thank you ALL. Promise! Stay tuned to check your project featured here! My pleasure!

You can also check my Swell quilt, first project from the book Simply Retro by Camille. Next week, after our first giveaway I'll be posting about the second project "Retro", but you can keep working in the first one and make sure to ad your link until July 7th. Check the winner for Week 1 next July 8th.

Now, treat your eyes with these inspiring projects... and get started!


Jodi has chosen one project to work during the quilt along! Every week she is posting pictures of some of the finished blocks from the quilt "Sweet Life". We'll be working on this project during the ninth week of the quilt along.


Logan and Laurie (daughter and mom) made two quilts from Swell pattern! I love how Logan explain where all the scraps for the Swell quilt came from! 


Sinta is working on many projects and she is putting together this quilt in no time! I'm so glad she joined us!

6 comments:

Logan Marriott said...

This is such a fun quilt along for such a great book. Thanks for everything!

Sinta Renee said...

Thank you for the fun quilt along Jana! I look forward to the next project and the weeks that follow! I am excited to see and visit new to me bloggers!

Elaine said...

Jana it's great to see what everyone is making. I don't see where to add the link for this week? I'm ready to post : D

Elaine said...

It's so fun working on this quilt along and choosing fabrics. I am working fast on the quilt tops but delayed in the quilting part ; )before you know it, another week, another project. I better start quilting!

Jana Machado said...

Logan, Sinta and Elaine it's totally my pleasure having you along!

Camille said...

So fun to see your progress with all your quilts. You guys are awesome! :-)