July 24, 2013

Baby Love quilt and Week 3 winner!

Hello! Here it's my Baby Love quilt! As you can see I tried a new quilting technique on this one... I never quilted with curved lines before. I followed Camille's advice in the book Simply Retro when she says that baby size quilts are perfect for experimenting with new quilting styles.

I'm using the same Pellon cotton batting I used for Swell and Retro quilts. Piecing this quilt was really easy and my challenge for this one was making a quilt with one charm pack! Well, I needed fabrics for the rectangles that I grabbed from my stash. Also I bought a white fabric for the blocks and backing. But, the prints from the charm pack (triangles) really pops up, exactly how I planed. Little Red Riding Hood for Riley Blake Designs is a very cute collection. I like the tiny floral a lot.


I'm glad I took very close pics from the blocks (here and here) because there you can see better the dots on the white fabric. Very sweet. I love this pattern and I hope I can take a risk and change the background color in the next one.






Now, the winner for the Week 3 - Baby Love project is... Kathie! Prizes from our darling sponsors: FAt Quarter Shop and Aurifil! I'll be waiting your email! Thank you all participants! Keep it up! And if you wanna check the participants projects, click here.


3 comments:

Rachel said...

oi Jana, como ficou linda essa colcha para bebê, cada bloco um mais lindo que o outro, dá até vontade de começar a fazer =D
beijinhos do Brasil.
Kel

Jana Machado said...

Oi Rachel! Amo fazer quilts! E os de bebê são mais rapidos e divertidos de fazer. Este é um quilt along, ou seja, outras pessoas estao fazendo os mesmos projetos do livro Simply Retro. Se quiser mais info clique nos posts antigos ou simplesmente deixe seu recado. Bjo, Obrigada pela visita!

Hi Rachel! Baby quilts are fun and quick to make. We're quilting along and if you wanna get along let me know.

Kathryn said...

Thanks to you and the random number generator for picking me for this week’s prize. Aurifil is my favorite thread, so it is a great prize for me. I like the charm pack also - I like the inclusion of navy blue in the mix. For this project I used up some fat quarters that I won a few years ago, but had never figured out how the use them. The print is a large scale one, and this large size block turned out to be just perfect for them. It will go on my pile of baby quilts.