June 25, 2013

Deck-ade the Halls with Fat Quarter Shop - Block 3

I'm as happy as I can be and... crazy as usual! Well, let me explain that. Right now my back is hurting because I couldn't stop sewing in the past two days (also bad position while sleeping). I put my Swell quilt on hold a bit because I was making my blocks from the quilt along by Fat Quarter Shop. All of this insanity is because we love quilting, right?!

I've pushing myself lately. I needed to. And now, I feel incredible good :-) (even with back pain, how crazy is that?) I took a long break after my daughter was born and now I've being more organized and taking advantage of each little time I have. Most of the time I'm squeezing my schedule  to have a spare time to sew! I feel great and I just wanted to share my joy!

Let's talk about these a-do-ra-ble blocks called Vintage Ornaments by Fat Quarter Shop. Without a doubt it was the easiest blocks to piece so far. As always, I had to make them very scrappy, even so I didn't take longer to make all the five blocks from this Christmas quilt designed by the kind Jolly Jabber girls, Kimberly and Jocelyn (love seeing you both in the video ;-)).



Some mini charm packs (Aspen Frost and Esprit de Noel) from my stash has being very handy for this project since the units for the blocks are in most cases smaller than 2.5" inches.

Hope to see your projects at the flickr group too! You're also welcome to leave your link in the comments if you want!

  




No comments: