June 13, 2013

Deck-ade the Halls by Fat Quarter Shop - Block 2

What a busy week! We have spent a lot of time with friends these days. We had two birthday parties and more are coming in the next weeks. Play dates, barbecues, cherry picking! Wow! Let's take advantage of these sunny days and enjoy with our kids and family!

But, can I be very honest? I do need my sewing time. As I have told before my time is very short to sew and with all these events happening it was even shorter in the last days. I squeezed here and there and here they are, my stars from the Quilt Along Deck-ade the Halls by Fat Quarter Shop! If you're getting to know about this quilt along just now, please visit Kimberly and their team at Jolly Jabber. They have designed a wonderful Christmas quilt with cute and original blocks like trees, mugs and gingerbread men (click here to see mine).
These stars are a piece-of-pie to make. After you have cut them all, it's so easy to piece them. Oh well, you need be extra careful matching the points to get perfect stars. After sewing my units I realized one of my stars didn't match the points so, I'm gonna fix that.



I have used scraps from my stash and some fabrics from the mini-charm packs Aspen Frost and Esprit de Noel. You also can find the kit to make the entire quilt at Fat Quarter Shop with Aspen Frost. I love this collection specially the prints with aqua and green background as you can see on some of the stars. 

There is still  plenty of time to make your Christmas quilt, start it now!



No comments: