May 15, 2013

My favorite fabric prints of the week

Every week I'm gonna show some of my favorite fabrics. It is truth that I don't skip one single week checking new fabric collections and dreaming about what I could make with all of them. I'm glad I don't buy everything I like. Could you just imagine that? Oh, I could... :-D Follow me every week and I'll give you some tips on what to sew with some very cool prints and where you can easily buy them online. 

I saw this print (mahogany color) for the first time as a dress made by April Rhodes. Actually her pattern is getting very popular and it has even a flickr group. This print is really great for projects like dresses and skirts. I also would try the aqua background on some home decor items such as pillows or even curtains. Another detail about this print: it is organic. Find the mohogany color at Fat quarter Shop and the Flight mineral color at Fabricworm.



 


Camp modern organicby Birch Organic fabrics
 
Probably my favorite-ish lately: Carnaby Street fabric collection by Pat Bravo. I got to know about this collection in February. I was all packed to go to Brazil and stay there for a month, so I put buying some fabrics of this collection after coming back home.  As I came back with a lot of  ideas for other projects I also started looking for some dress patterns that I could make with Ladylike black tea and Ladylike green tea prints. Now they prints are on my hands I've been working in a pattern for a toddler dress and another one for myself. Be patient like me and I'm gonna show you my latest adventure on sewing clothes to myself very soon! :-) I love the retro appeal of these prints inspired in  in London during the 1960's movements. If you are interested in buying or checking the other prints from Carnaby Street collection out click here.
 
Photo from ArtGallery fabrics
 
 



For last, but not least, Chambray Rose Collection by Rachel Ashwell for Treasures for Shabby Chic is just a stunning collection of floral and stripes all in blue with a white background on some prints of the collection. I'm seriously considering making some pillows covers with this simple, but, chic stripes print. This collection is on sale at Fat Quarter Shop (50% off !!!) Hurry!
 
 
 
 



No comments: