February 11, 2013

A new bedding set

If you are a mom of a little girl like me you know how we can get overwhelmed by having so many pink things in our little girls room... Since I knew I was going to be a mom of a girl I tried as much as I could not to buy curtains, cribbing sets, rugs and even clothes in pink color. That is difficult, right? Yes, it is and I ended up having a lot of pink items before I could realized that! 

Recently I found this fabric from Riley Blake design and  I fell in love. I've been seeking the blue color lately, specially the acquas. I thought the "Dress up Days" pattern came just in time to help me to come up with a new bedding set for my daughter's room. I also totally got inspired by the new collection from Riley Blake that brings a lot of chevron. I decided to make the center of the sheet with a row of chevron pieced with the chevron block technique you can learn more here and here. As I wanted only a detail on chevron (since it was going to be a sheet and not a quilt) it didn't take too long to center of the white sheet with the chevron blocks. I matched the navy polka dots and made a pillow cover and also a small pillow to decorate and give a girly feeling to the final set. I'm planning to show how I made the blocks through a tutorial but, as I said you can  follow the instructions and steps at Riley Blake website and make you own chevron! I am also making pillows for my living room with chevron print (I will show it soon). Chevron is on everywhere, have you noticed that?  So, go for it!








No comments: